My Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Prince Adrian

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

B-day dinner @ Umai

I’m supposed to write this blog last night, but something came up, I couldn’t make it. Ok … I admit I’m just lazy. =p Before this become a history, let me update a bit on my mum’s big day.

It was my mum’s b’day on Monday (8th October 2007). I took one day leave to be her companion at home, accompanied her to the therapy centre in the morning. Finally met the 2 kind ladies (Vivian & Jasmine) whom guided mum patiently all these while. My mum seems to have very positive remarks on them.

* Picture extracted from WOFS Mega mall

I bought mum this Wu Lou pendant from World of Feng Shui (special thanks to Uncle Joe who assisted me in getting it from KL, as KK branch doesn’t sell accessories). Mum wanted a Wu Lou pendant for a long time already, she has been searching for it for quite some time since months ago. In Chinese culture, Wu Lou is a symbol of good health, it also symbolized longevity. In addition, this Wu Lou pendant consists of a coin, which is a powerful emblem of wealth + prosperity and Mystic Knot (a.k.a period of 8), which is a symbol of wealth + health + happiness. Now you see the reason why my mum been searching for a Wu Lou pendant to wear? It’s the sign of Good Health!

We had Japanese food as b’day dinner. Wanted to go to Wagamama at Complex Asia City, didn’t know they are closed on every Monday until we actually reached there and found out by ourselves. Dad suggested to eat in Tai Tong (大同) at first, on our way there, we changed our mind to try the new Japanese Restaurant – Umai Fine Japanese Cuisine. It’s located at 1st Floor, Tai Thong Building.

The foods are great. As usual, while walking into a Japanese restaurant, you’ll be greeted by their team. This time, we all greeted by a group of Ninjas! Yes, their waiters are unique, all in traditional Ninja costume, fully covered, and left only 2 eyes. Funny things happened between dad with one of the Ninja. My dad actually spoke Malay to him, but he replied my dad in Chinese. My dad looked at him & said, “opss … sorry, I don’t know you’re Chinese, I can’t see your face.” The Ninja laughed!

We all had a wonderful dinner that night, I hope mum enjoyed it too. She looked great that night, I polished her with nice clothes from her wardrobe which she has not been wearing them for 3 months.

Creamy posing with the lady in pink

This is a small part of their renovation, nice fencing up to the roof top.

My funny dad stood behind the fence & Ah Hou grabbed the opportunity to snap this funny pix of him:-

lolz ….

Darning & Creamy

Some pix of the foods:-

We ordered too many dishes that night, I couldn’t remember the names of these foods. Anyway, they’re all nice! I simply love the presentation of their foods, a little bit westernized.

Cake cutting moment …

Orange cake from my cousin sister, the texture of the cake is nice with very smooth orange taste. Not bad ...

The Ninjas there wanted to line up in front of our table & sing a birthday song to mum, but we insisted NO! … as we do not want to catch much attention from other patrons. Mum insisted no b’day song for her, she doesn’t like it that way in the public. Finally, the captain ended up a complimentary dessert as a b’day gift for mum.

It’s mixed fruits in a rolled pancake. Similar to my Fruity Layered Pancakes. My cousin said, mine taste better! ^_*

Overall, Umai is another worth-to-go restaurant in town. I didn’t manage to write a good preview this time, I’d suggest you all to read Terri’s blog for a better full review. However, I just realized that there was a little edit down there criticizing Umai, she found out the food was quite disappointed due to the absent of the Head Chef. Well, I hope this wouldn’t affect your choice of visiting this restaurant, as I think it’s still worth to give them a second chance. Try your luck, make sure the Head Chef does not go on leave when you’re there.

2 comments:

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

wah.... aunty looks very 龙马精神 呜~!! from her "eyesights"! I know she's 98% recovered oredi ! or I m wrong ah? should be 100% bah =p cuz mum look fierce o!! HAhahahahahhahahha means, she's full of energy now!
* pls dun let ur mum read this *

p/s: Dont get me wrong ppl, She only has the Fierce look, but super kind & nice in hEart ;D

The Little Creamy said...

wahahaha .......... she look fierce when she doesn't smile. She's ok bah ...... haha